Glowing skin has always been something I longed to have my entire life. I’ve suffered from acne on and off for many years and it is absolutely devastating. Not to mention humiliating and tragic. Many years ago I was prescribed accutane for my acne. I didn’t realize then how toxic it was to the system. It cleared up my acne, but had serious side effects that were not very pleasant. If I had known then what I know now, I could have stopped it before it started. I still suffer from occasional flare ups that can really get me down. One of the main causes is hormonal changes. Others are stress (which messes with our hormones!),toxins, and poor diet.
I recently found this dressing on Gwyneth Paltrow’s website goop. She has some great recipes for detox that I like to make. This dressing is one of them. It’s really satisfying and healthy. I make it real quick in my mini food processor. I love it over mixed greens and avocado.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 head of baby gem lettuce (or any greens), roughly cut
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 avocado, diced